Tuesday, July 17, 2012

DIY LEAVE IN CONDITONER

DIY: Leave In Conditioner 

so simple and customizable for your hair. ever buy expensive leave in conditioners again!


I am currently in the process of trying to grow my hair out. As we all know, the process to long, luscious, beauty locks isn't as easy or affordable as we would like... until now!  I saw this on a website a while ago and decided to concoct a mixture myself this summer, and so far I AM IN LOVE!

Materials:
conditioner- that's right... regular old conditioner that you use after shampooing. You will need about 3 tablespoons of any conditioner.  I chose one that works specifically against split ins, for extra coverage. 

olive oil- an essential oil, olive oil is very good for your hair to achieve healthier, shinier, and softer hair.  2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, you can replace olive oil with coconut oil if necessary. 

water- I used about 2.5 cups of water, although it can alter with the size of your bottle. If you use a little more to fill the bottle, it is ok.  

Old shampoo/conditioner bottle or Spray bottleI revamped an old shampoo bottle by applying a pretty patterned paper (keep out of shower...store in cabinet so the paper does not get wet,) which matches my other DIY beauty items, which gives my bathroom, a organized and beautiful new look. 

Process:
       I started off by finding an old shampoo bottle and removing all labels.  I decided to revamp/decorate my bottle after the leave in conditioner concoction was added so I did not ruin the paper on the bottle.
       Since water and oil do not mix well, in a small bowl I mixed the olive oil and conditioner until it became a paste like liquid. I then poured the oil/conditioner mixture in the bottle with a funnel, scraping any that was hesitant.  
     Next, I filled the bottle up about 3/4 of the way with water and SHOOK SHOOK SHOOK.  I shook the crap out of the bottle until I thought the mixture was evenly displaced.  
   Viola! After I showered and towel dried my hair I put some of the conditioner in my hair which worked as a detangler and leave in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment